Why Your Website Strategy Doesn’t Get any ROI
“Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.” – John Wanamaker
Let’s face it – you’re still not happy with the results your website is generating for you. You’ve changed designs, updated copy, and added new photos, but it still doesn’t seem to be gaining any traction. At Search Engine Pros we offer personal and ethical search engine optimization that utilizes the latest, most effective online marketing strategies. Based on our experience, here are some reasons why your web strategy may not be providing a strong return on your investment:
- Lack of an Overall Strategy: Over 81% of consumers make buying decisions on the internet, and your business needs a total strategy to attract their attention. A sexy website alone isn’t enough to do the job. Your strategy must include all elements from “The Strategic Circle” for website marketing success.
- Consumers Can’t Find You: A website that just talks about your business without any search engine optimization (SEO) will not appear in search results.
- Nobody is Linking to You: Search engines look for websites that have links to and from other sources as a way of establishing credibility and topical relevance. Back links are online referrals for your business.
- Not Functional on all Devices: Consumers are now accessing the Internet from PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Websites that don’t translate well to all devices are missing out on potential traffic.
- No Social Media: Your customers like to stay in touch and are using social media to do it. Be sure to have links to your Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages and keep them updated, too. Have a constant stream of outgoing information, try to link up with online influencers, and respond quickly to requests for information.
- One Language Limitations: In a bi-lingual and multi-lingual world, a website that only provides information in English excludes a significant portion of the buying public. The key to International SEO is optimizing a page for foreign language natural search.
- Not Driving Customers to Your Site: Sometimes a little extra push is all a consumer needs to be motivated to visit your site. Properly worded and placed pay-per-click (PPC) Google Adwords can provide just the right touch at the moment of decision.
As online marketing professionals, our role is (1) to help you gain a better grasp of what is often a complex maze of decisions; (2) to help ensure that decisions you make are carried out; (3) to keep your strategies up-to-date.
Our clients include small business owners, financial professionals, lawyers, doctors, and corporations – people who struggle for time to carefully focus on their online marketing goals. The Accelerator Plans we offer are advanced marketing plans designed to optimize your internet presence and grow your customer base. All project related information is stored in the project center. Google Analytics and Get Clicky tracking software are utilized to fine tune efforts each month.
As your marketing partner, we’re experienced enough to be proactive, not reactive. Working with a marketing agency should be fun, not annoying, and tiresome. We handle all the time-consuming details in a cost-effective way for you. Remember that the true cost of working with our company is ZERO when considering year-end business growth figures. Inaction is much more expensive in terms of lost market share and lost revenues.
Social media is so important to small business owners! I can’t imagine trying to run my small business without social media. Without social media, my company would have been lost in the large metropolitan city– even with the help of carefully-calculated SEO strategies. Social media strategies allow us to showcase our family owned business from what drives and motivates us, and helps give the company a face and voice.
We started with one simple photo and a short caption that was shared by hundreds of people across the state. Another thing we learned from social media is the reach possibility of live videos. Our company page goes live on a regular basis to share specials and favorite tips.
We are desperately in need of an SEO specialist at this point! I have been in business for over a year and we have had some successes, but we have noticed that our engagement is nowhere near where it should and/or needs to be. We have social media and a beautiful website, but after reading your post, I know that is not enough. We need to be able to Google ourselves and find ourselves on the first page, not the third or fourth. We look forward to reaching out to you as soon as possible so that we can get the ball rolling and so that we can get our business out there!
Charlotte, yes, people expect to find your company when doing a google search of your business name. That is one of the most important steps in reputation management. Buyer fear will increase. It may seem to your prospects that you are not a real business.
They can’t find us! That is definitely it! I search Google all the time just praying that we will pop up in that first page of websites that shows up in the search engine. We haven’t quite reached the level to start thinking about investing in an SEO specialist, but I think the investment will be well worth it to get more exposure. The investment will drive business right?
Tammy, you can’t afford NOT to advertise. I think many business owners realize this when it’s too late. Investing into your marketing and advertising is as important as the investing into your accountant or your sales reps. Having a connected, streamlined web strategy setup that enables you to publish a story on your blog, and then syndicate it to your email newsletter and social media channels, is a big key to success.