Shoppers turn to Google to find products that are just right for them. And you rely on Google Manufacturer Center to ensure your products are represented well. In fact, more than 5,000 brands use Manufacturer Center to improve their presence on Google. To kick off the new year, we’re making those interactions even better by introducing new ways to show high-quality and inspirational content to shoppers, and providing robust analytics to help you better understand how customers are interacting with your brands and products across all of Google.
A new place to inspire shoppers and promote your products
Shoppers are constantly looking for inspiration and assistance on what to buy. In a Google study of ~1,600 people, we found that 56 percent of smartphone users have purchased from an unexpected brand when they considered the brand helpful. To help you assist your customers and highlight your products’ unique features, we’re launching a new section on Shopping product detail pages, featuring content directly from you.
You’ll be able to:
- Populate your product pages on the Google Shopping property with inspirational and high quality content.
- Highlight the product features and capabilities that you know your shoppers care about the most.
- Build brand equity directly with shoppers on Google (Google remains the first place shoppers go to get helpful recommendations and suggestions on what to buy according to an online survey of ~2,700 recent online shoppers).
As our first launch partner, Syndigo (formerly Webcollage) is providing this content for eligible manufacturers’ products. Across the web, Syndigo has seen 10 percent more conversions for their clients when more visual content is shown at retailers based on an A/B test. In the coming months, all manufacturers who upload content like inspirational imagery and high quality logos into Manufacturer Center will also be able to provide these more visual experiences to help shoppers.
If you’re a data partner who wants to bring this experience on Google to your clients, let us know here.
Make better business decisions with new insightful analytics
To help you make better business decisions, we’ve also launched new and improved analytics in Manufacturer Center that will provide you a better understanding of how ads for your products are performing on Google. You will learn how ads for your products appear, so you can make better pricing, digital ad investment, and media decisions. You’ll find:
- Performance trends like top performing product groups and significant changes in performance or price.
- Insights on product variants like top search terms for your products and average price trends.
- Product group stats like which competitor’s brands and products appear most often with yours.
These new analytics are available to all brands in Manufacturer Center that meet eligibility requirements.
Manufacturer Center availability expands
In 2018, we’ve expanded Manufacturer Center availability from seven countries to 24 countries. Now, if you sell products in these countries, you can better represent your products to shoppers, improve the performance of Shopping ads featuring your products, and access these new, more helpful analytics. We hope these updates will help shoppers find the products perfect for them and help you better connect with your customers. To learn more about Manufacturer Center, to read success stories, and to sign up, visit our website.
Source: Official Google Webmasters Blog